Technology has affected every field. It has not shown mercy on event management either. Today’s event management has become more fast, efficient and cost effective. Now even a person sitting in the jungles of Amazon can attend an event happening in Japan, provided they have right technology and device. One such mobile app which helps to organize, conduct and even take feedback of event is EventOrg app developed by Cabot Technology, i.e in-short manage the whole lifecycle of event-management.
At least once in life everybody will have to organize an event. This article covers how to organize and manage event whether big or small, with help of technology.
1. Define objectives: Think about event that has to be conducted, it can be a conference, seminar, or even organizing Olympics. Once you start thinking list down the objectives, organize a team based on the objectives and delegate work. Use handheld devices to keep team members up-to-date of happenings. Some of the points to be kept in mind while defining objectives are:
Size of event.
Mode of event, i.e if the event requires physical presence or virtual presence with the help of laptop or mobile phone is only needed.
Targeted outcome of the event.
2. Promote the event: Use different media to promote. It is easy to reach out people more efficiently through social networking, e brochures and advertisements. It is more cost effective and efficient. Keep in mind that the promotion material should be simple and concise.
3. Look for sponsors and key persons: Money is an important factor, therefore look for sponsors. Think about who should be chief guest and seek appointments. You can also invite guests to create a buzz like invite celebrities or music band. Keep every information and schedule, it is better to use scheduling applications which work on mobile phones or laptops, since these can be easily carried everywhere.
4. Create a list of attendees: Create a list of attendees and invite them.
5. Pick a time to hold the event: Pick up a time suitable for both attendees and key persons.
6. Calculate risk:Calculate and list down potential risks that can happen like it can be key person canceling the event, power supply issue or even cleanliness. Plan an plan B to tackle these issues.
7. A event can be only driven by a host. Find a host or two to deliver speeches, announce events and so on.
8. Keep attendees updated with event news, other people who will attend (if it does not involve a security and privacy issues), the key persons attending, the event and schedule. Use apps in mobile phones or emails to do it.
9. Provide practical information to attendees like how to reach the event, book taxi, directions to arrive there. Pin location of event in map like Google map.
10. Don t forget to take feedback and reviews from attendees. You can use paper, emails or even apps in handheld devices to do it.
- See more at: https://www.cabotsolutions.com/2013/08/10-steps-for-successful-event-management/#sthash.xO1bZmJB.dpuf
SHARE THIS BLOG ON