We are looking for an interactive designer who works with user interfaces for various applications on
multiple platforms including mobile, tablet & desktop. An ideal person should be able to understand
customer behavior, psychology, business drivers and objectives, and translate them into efficient UI
As Sr. UI/UX Designer in the Architecture and Standards pillar you will apply your creativity and
UI/UX best practices across Cabot organization. It is an exciting opportunity to lead the change and facilitate progressive design and
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Responsible for scoping and planning of UI/UX projects.
2. Responsible for setting up the system and the process to ensure optimal UI/UX analysis and
design can be achieved.
3. Responsible for a meaningful presentation of information, organizational structure and the flow
of user interface.
4. Responsible for implementation of discovery and design workshops to visualize requirements.
5. Defines user flow and communicates the relationship of the platform components to the
business analysts/designers that are writing the requirements.
6. Enables transformation of ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into
desirable outcomes for our users.
7. Creates detailed wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, information architecture diagrams, mental
models, personas, usability testing stimulus, and site maps.
8. Plans and conduct interviews to understand user needs, behaviors, and pain points.
9. Works closely with colleagues to brainstorm and create concepts for Web, Mobile, Tablet and
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
1. Ability to drive an engaging design.
2. UI/UX evangelist.
3. Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions.
4. Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where
appropriate, leading to resolution.
5. Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives.
6. Be a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles
throughout the creative process.
SKILLS YOU NEED
1. Design thinking, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, and design industry
2. Must be well versed in the principles of design and fully comprehend the design elements to
ensure the user interface is usable in every sense.
3. Experience in iterative product design planning and development.
4. Experience creating and working with design systems and/or UI pattern libraries.
5. Fluency with design tools, most notably,Figma, XD, Invision, Balsamiq,, Illustrator, Photoshop,
InDesign, and/or other UI/UX and prototyping software
6. Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
7. Experience with planning and facilitating usability testing a plus
8. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
9. Knowledge of agile practices
1. A design portfolio that demonstrates design process and showcases a variety of UI/UX
2. Knowledge in UCD, UI/UX research methodologies and testing activities to analyze & predict user
3. Nice to have knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS/Responsive css media query/Bootstrap