Cabot is seeking a VP of Business Development for its Chicago office to drive further growth in the region.
Market Analysis Skills
1. Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan by performing competitive analysis and customer needs assessments and thereby lead to increased brand awareness.
2. Evaluate change in competitive market position, and recognize opportunities for new products and services.
3. Create and manage the internal product development funnel and market strategy with input from senior management and product development.
4. Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary and Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective marketing events.
Sales and Business Development Skills
1. Identify partnership potential for rapid expansion of the Company’s vertical.
2. Exceed annual sales quotas in the vertical by closing long-term, multi-year contracts.
3. Develop and deliver reporting and business metrics for both historical and planning purposes.
4. Take ownership of deal flow from inception of lead, to development of pricing, management of contract negotiations, and attention to implementation. Be ambitious, assertive and adept at navigating hurdles that present themselves in managing a deal to closure.
5. Maintain ongoing sales pipeline and track sales based on goals set.
Team Leadership Skills
1. Work in a project leadership capacity by cultivating an environment where proactive, creative, and best demonstrated knowledge sharing is de rigueur amongst the extended team, in India and US.
2. Ability to collaborate, influence and work with others in a dynamic matrixed environment.
3. Manage staff priorities, oversee workload balancing/utilization, motivate employees through recognition/rewards, and perform routine staff professional development to keep turnover at a minimum and staff morale high.
Customer Success / Account Management Skills
1. Ability to articulate customer engagement plans to identify their requirements and potential business opportunities.
2. Collaborate with Operations to better align our services to the client requirement.
3. Ability to articulate customer engagement plans by identifying suitable opportunities. Focus on building strong, in-person client relationships by intrinsically understanding the client and their needs.
4. Identify partnership potential for rapid expansion of the Company’s vertical.
5. Routinely nurture and cultivate key stakeholder relationships, ensuring they have proactive visibility to the capabilities, tools, and resources available to them across the Company enterprise.
1. Minimum qualification with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with any reputed University.
2. 10+ years of demonstrated success and progressive experience in engineering and product development industry experience along with 3 years of sales or account management. Experience with startup/early-stage companies strongly preferred.
3. Proven track record of consistently achieving and exceeding revenue targets both individually and through a team.
4. Data driven and comfortable working in a data intensive environment.
5. Familiarity with translation and localization solutions and services including web technologies, databases, cloud, healthcare, virtualization, Big Data, Analytics, data center solutions, various server technologies,etc.
6. Willing to work in a position based in Chicago and be able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 50% of the time on an annualized basis..
7. Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities.
8. Comfortable with performing all sales activities ranging from lead generation activities, conducting cold calls and working with the marketing team to develop vertical specific marketing campaigns.
9. Ability to manage several clients with challenging requirements.
10. Demonstrated ability to engage and influence a wide range of decision makers within an organization, , including C-level executives, EVPs and SVPs within Fortune 100 businesses.